Database of virtual histological slides taken on the Olympus „dotSlide“ microscope was opened by the Institute for Histology and Embryology.
To view it, you can use web browser or application OlyVIA.
For webpage access http://mikroskop.lf1.cuni.cz use credentials:
Username and password are the same as to: CAS (SIS) info
Installation file for OlyVIA application (size 300MB)
For OlyVIA access use credentials:
Login name according to requested database: hist_student or biol_student
We wish you a pleasant browsing experience.
Prof. Jinrich Martinek, MD. PhD.
Institute of Histology and Embryology, First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Prague
- This course provides insight into the clinical pictures, diagnosis and therapy of superficial mycoses of the skin, hair, nails and mucous membranes. A self-assessment test is included. The study material is intended for information only and no certificate is issued.
- The correct taking of skin, nail and hair specimens for mycological examination.
- Images of fungal elements in microscopic preparations of skin and nail scrapings.
- rief description of cultivation and identification methods. Images of fungal cultures, especially dermatophytes
- Non-specific and specific topical antifungals. Guidelines for external therapy of dermatomycoses and onychomycoses.
- A brief summary of guidelines for systemic (oral) therapy of superficial mycoses: indications, choice of drugs, risks and precautions.
- A self-assessment test
Importance of breastfeeding. Physiology of breastfeeding. Feeding recommendations for young infants and young children. Infant and young child feeding: Importance of breastfeeding. Physiology of breastfeeding. Feeding recommendations for young infants and young children. Dietary guidelines for the prevention of civilization diseases. Food pyramid. Assessment of nutritional status History, Clinical examination, Laboratory examinations, Dietary intake, Recommended daily allowances. Malnutrition: Overview of most important nutrient deficiencies related diseases. Alternative diets: Characteristics and evaluation of selected types of alternative diets. etc.
Further reading: The optimal duration of exclusive breastfeeding.
This report of an expert consultation summarizes the objectives of the consultation as well as the findings, and recommendations for practice and research.
Overview of Guiding principles: addressing poverty and inequities, life course approach, public health approach.