- This course provides insight into the clinical pictures, diagnosis and therapy of superficial mycoses of the skin, hair, nails and mucous membranes. A self-assessment test is included. The study material is intended for information only and no certificate is issued.
- The correct taking of skin, nail and hair specimens for mycological examination.
- Images of fungal elements in microscopic preparations of skin and nail scrapings.
- rief description of cultivation and identification methods. Images of fungal cultures, especially dermatophytes
- Non-specific and specific topical antifungals. Guidelines for external therapy of dermatomycoses and onychomycoses.
- A brief summary of guidelines for systemic (oral) therapy of superficial mycoses: indications, choice of drugs, risks and precautions.
- A self-assessment test
This presentation shows clinical pictures of superficial mycoses of the skin, nails and hair, together with principal differential diagnoses. Tinea of the scalp and beard: Kerion Celsi – a deep form of tinea of the scalp with purulent in fioltrates. Differentiation from a bacterial infection (carbuncle) isdifficult. Tinea barbae profunda (sycosisparasitaria) = mycotic folliculitis of the beard.
Collecting of mycological skin specimens
..keywords: dermatomycoses, onychomycoses, diagnosis, collecting of..